-excerpted from Lenore's
Natural Cuisine cookbook
These juicy, baked apples ooze with a
sweetness and crunch that is hard to resist.
4 apples, organic
1 TBS. barley miso
2 TBS. tahini
2 TBS. walnuts, coarsely
1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375.░
- Wash and core apples.
- PureÚ miso and tahini in a suribachi
or whisk them together in a small bowl.
- Add walnuts. Mash with a fork, or
leave chunky, if you prefer.
- Divide filling into 4 parts. Spoon
into the center of each apple.
- Place filled apples in a baking dish.
Pour water around them to steam-bake in the oven.
- Bake uncovered at 375░ until
fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
you do not have an apple corer, slice apples in half. Remove
core. Place halves skin-side down and proceed with the