-excerpted from Lenore's
Natural Cuisine cookbook
Blueberries burst in your mouth with this sensational
breakfast option. Moist and light, they make a scrumptious snack any time!
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup rice or soy beverage
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. natural vanilla flavor
1/4 tsp. unrefined sea
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 TBS. Rumford® baking
1/4 cup oat or wheat bran
2 TBS. EnerG® egg
1 cup blueberries, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine wet ingredients and salt in a blender. Blend until mixture
becomes a uniform color.
3. Combine dry ingredients, except blueberries, in a mixing bowl.
Mix well with a whisk.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing lightly with a
5. Add blueberries. Stir gently.
6. Fill oiled muffin tins to the top.
7. Bake at 400° 25-30 minutes.
8. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes
out dry and muffins are golden brown.
raspberries or blackberries for blueberries.
2 TBS. arrowroot powder or chickpea flour for
EnerG® egg replacer.
unrefined corn oil for canola oil.
mixing tends to make a heavy muffin. Only stir until flour is absorbed
into the wet mixture. Small lumps will not ruin the
a flat of unsprayed blueberries when they are in season. Freeze them,
unwashed, in Ziploc® bags. You will have fresh
berries, even in the winter!